Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WOWEE Wednesday Guest Designer!

This week our WOWEE Wednesday Guest Designer is Arielle Gordon.  Arielle is a very talented lady, and very friendly as well.  Her cards are always so fresh and inspiring.  This week's card  really brings out 'spring fever' for many of us.  It's so happy, it's sure to make you smile.  Here is what Arielle has to say:

Hi~ I'm Arielle and I have been making cards and blogging about them since 2007. I moved back to my hometown in Alabama after "seeing the world" - LOL! I live with my hubby and 2 kids, ages 4 and 5 1/2. I like to cook, and take my kids to the park, take a LOT of photos and scrap them. Besides design team work, I also manage 2 challenge blogs. I started the colourQ Challenge in 2009 and RetroSketches in 2012 - I have always loved challenges! I love using a variety of images, especially digi stamps - they are so so versatile!

I was really drawn to this image - Arie Walking stamp - she is so fun and springy and just plain adorable! I find curly hair pretty hard to color, and about halfway through this I almost gave up! I started by adding a light brown base and then layering dots of brown color, from dark in the back and above the face to light outward. I finished up by using a fine tip black marker to add more definition and curls.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment