Thursday, April 10, 2014

Design Team Spotlight - Paula

I am going to try and show you how to turn a digital stamp into a 3D masterpiece. Well, show you the steps I take anyway, and, maybe not quite a masterpiece, but a very effective card.

The first thing I do is have about four copies of the stamp I want to use, printed and ready to go. For this example I have used Animal Party.

For the first step, I colour in my digital stamp, using grey. I have found that if you leave it white, when you look at the card from an angle, you will see white.


The second thing I do, is to determine the layers I am going to use and colour them in the colours I want for the image.


    



Once you have coloured all your pieces that you want to have 3D. Its time to grab those scissors and start chopping away.


I like to go around each edge using my black marker. This way, you won't get a white edges along your pieces.

Once your pieces are cut, turn them over and using your stylus and foam mat, gently make an indent, or a slight curve in the cut out pieces. Now, onto the fun part. Putting it all together. I used a combination of glue and pop dots to stick the layers down.


So, now that your image is ready to go. Finish your card.


And, here is my finished card.
There is a link at the bottom of this post, hopefully directing you the tutorial that I used to create this little fellow. So, if you get lost along the way, have a look.



Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/3dpaperpiecing/#ixzz2yI9LOshP

2 comments:

  1. Paula this is a great tutorial!!! I love your card too!! You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete